My beauty routine is really quite simple. However, I am convinced that it’s the products I use that make it so easy. As a self proclaimed “beauty junkie”, I’ve had my fair share at testing out new brands and trying different cosmetics. I guess that’s what I get after spending 6 years working at a beauty shop during high school and summers of college! After posting the picture above, I was surprised to have received so many emails and comments about my makeup and beauty routine. Thank you guys for all of your questions & comments!
Below is a list of my daily must haves and what I was wearing in the photo above. xx
1. Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation (color 4.25) This is a great foundation for normal/oily skin. I like that its light, but still gives great coverage. The Foundation Brush is the best brush ever! I never have to deal with bristles coming our and it makes my foundation look so smooth. Highly recommend. I wear this over my Chanel Hydrating Beauty Cream.
2. Bobbi Brown Loose Finishing Powder (color Pale Yellow) I really like this powder. My skin is oily, but I notice that certain powders can make it look dull and dry. This was not one of them! I use it with the Powder Brush (worth every penny!) over the liquid foundation or to touch up at the end of the day.
3. Benefit Fake Up (color Light) You may have seen this instagram I posted on Monday about this concealer. I just can’t get over it. I’ve tried many others, but I am really impressed with this one. See more on how I use it in this tutorial here.
4. Anastasia Beverly Hills Contour Kit This is a great kit to have in your makeup bag. I use it for everything. Eyebrows, creases in my eyeshadow, and of course contouring. It really is an all around, great product! See how I used it is this tutorial here. I recently got this NARS Brush to help with contouring and I love using it. It makes it SO easy to define cheekbones. Love love!
5. MAC Studio Blush (color Tenderling) When my friend recommended this blush to me, I was a little hesitant. Usually, I go for the pal pink or a coral pink shades, nothing like this. My thoughts were changed as soon as I tried this color. I love this tawny shade and I know it will look great in the summer as well. No wonder this is one of MACs most popular shades for blush. Go figure!
6. Makeup Forever Aqua Eyes (Color Matte Black) I have used this eyeliner for years. It’s the one eyeliner I have been consistent with and will always replace as soon as it runs out. It glides on like butter and has some serious staying power. It also it perfect for the waterline.
7. Lancome Hypnose Drama I have always loved Lancome Mascara but I am new to trying this one. It might be my favorite yet! I have sensitive eyes, so I am a little picky when it comes to mascara. This one seems to be just right!
8. Urban Decay Naked Lipgloss (color Love Child) The perfect shade of pink! I love to pair it with The Lip Slip. The combination of the two make the prettiest pink and keep my lips super soft.
What are the products you can’t live without?
Very pretty and helpful! I have never used the contour kit but I have seen it everywhere. The colors seem like they would work well for a variety of skin colors. Thanks for the tip!
I love that mascara! I’ve used it for years…it’s a must have
I cannot live without my Aveeno daily moisturizer.
Amanda Adam says
I am obsessed with Anastasia products. Both the contour kit and the eyebrow kits are amazing!
charlie s says
Have you ever thought of videos? I love these, but I think a video would be super helpful too! Just a thought!
So pretty and natural. I love this look
Nicole Walker says
Thanks for sharing your beauty picks! I definitely want to try that Anastasia Contour kit and Benefit’s Fake Up. I use Lancome mascara myself, they truly are the best!
I can’t live without the Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer and the Anastasia Brow Wiz! xo
Ashley Robertson says
A lot of people have been recommending the NARS concealer! That is definitely next on my list. Thanks for the tip! xx