Today, I am excited to share a little update on our home makeover before the big reveal in January. Recently, I purchased this vanity for our bedroom, and was in desperate need for a few accessories to help style out the new piece. Lulu and Georgia has been my go-to ever since we moved almost two years ago. I frequently browse their website for new decor items, desk accessories, or furniture pieces.
I’ve mentioned before, that home decorating intimidates me, but after working with Jessie (our friend and designer) she helped make this process so much more enjoyable and actually fun! Here are a few easy steps to help you style your vanity, dresser or desk.
1. Get Personal Starting with a clean slate can be very daunting, but for some, it’s an exciting challenge! I always like to incorporate a few personal touches into each space around our home. Whether it’s a photo from a recent trip or my favorite perfume, it’s all about what makes you feel at home and inspired.
Call me old fashioned, but I love calendars and prefer to have something tangible to look at while I’m getting ready or working. This flip calendar was the perfect addition. Each month is a different glamor girl illustration. They are so pretty!
I also like to have my perfume and some jewelry displayed. I’ve often heard the phrase, If you don’t see it, you won’t wear it, so I like to make sure I have my jewelry organized in a convenient location. I love this wishbone ring holder, similar here, and this its the perfect for organizing your favorite rings. It’s a great way for messy girls like me, who tend to leave small items everywhere around the house.
2. Get Organized This may be the hardest part, but organization is key to an productive work space or vanity. After all, your vanity is the workspace for your beauty routine. For me, I wanted this vanity to be a place to store my makeup and jewelry. This vanity has the perfect amount of space inside the drawer. We purchased dividers from Target and they were perfect to keep everything in place.
When organizing your lipsticks or makeup brushes, consider reusing an old candle jar, decorative bowls or glass canisters. It’s an unexpected way to have your favorite items on display, yet still look polished and clean.
I also like to fold a blanket over the chair. It’s a great way to add texture and color to any space!
3. Create Levels It’s important to leave the middle of your vanity or desk open, but you can still create a “styled” look by adding various levels. I like to use my favorite books to help with creating different heights. My Navy Audrey Lamp fits nicely on three books, and I balanced the table by adding some flowers on the opposite side. I had to find a way to incorporate this vase, it’s my favorite!
4. Add Your Favorite Art Art isn’t just for the walls. Add some flair to your vanity by leaning a favorite piece of framed art against the wall that will inspire you every time you get ready.
Don’t forget, there is power in different heights. To make leaning art look intentional, use different frames and different sizes. I have had my eye on this Prada Marfa print for a while and finally found it at Lulu and Georgia. I also loved the touch of leopard with these Spotted Flats.
5. Fresh Flowers Adding fresh blooms always creates a feminine and clean feeling to your vanity while getting ready.
Thanks for reading! xx