TGIF! I am excited to share my second post for The Weekend Edit. I really appreciate the feedback from last week’s post. I love the idea of creating something that will be consistent throughout the blog and I value your opinion, so please continue to send in your questions or suggestions for things you would like to see on The Weekend Edit.
You may have also noticed The Teacher Diva got a little facelift! Nothing major, just wanted to do a few things to make it easier for you to navigate. Please let me know what you think! One major update that I want to point out is the “READ MORE” tab that will now be below every post on the home page. In order to see the full post, you will just click “READ MORE” and the link will take you to the new page.
Thank you so much for reading and have a wonderful weekend!
- My favorite layering tank is (finally) on sale! You guys have seen me wear it here and here and I’m not kidding when I tell you I wear it all of the time. It really is the perfect top to wear under your favorite blazer, cardigan or moto jacket. I found this to run true to size.
- If you love Tory Burch, but not the price, I found the Britten Cross Body in black or brown on sale for 30% off (plus free shipping). I personally love the brown color!
- If you’re looking for the perfect maxi dress for Spring and Summer, I suggest giving the Goddess Maxi Dress a try. It’s currently 40% off with code BRCFIT. I am ordering it in the blue!
- I mentioned a while ago that we bought a Veggie Spiralizer (we got the 3 blade version). So far, Austin and I have been loving it. I am all for something that is easy to use and clean. I’ve had spaghetti squash many times, but I wasn’t sure how much I would enjoy zucchini noodles. Honestly, they aren’t bad. In fact, they are actually quite tasty. I’ve pinned a few recipes on my Pinterest page, but so far we are loving this recipe the most. Have you tried the zucchini noodles? What are your go-to recipes?
- I don’t like to spend too much time in the sun, but when I do, I am lathered up with SPF 50+. However, like most of you, I love a good tan. Each summer I search for new self tanners to try and review. I always end up with the Jergens Natural Glow Tanning Lotion, but I wanted something a little more dramatic with immediate results. I recently found the VersaSpa Spray Mist and have been using it since our trip to Cabo. I love that it is easy to apply, doesn’t smell and my skin looks natural, not orange. I’ve also read amazing reviews about Tan Towels and I tried some of those, however, I like that the VersaSpa Mist shows up right when you apply. I am doing a full review on both next week (along with some of my other favorite summer beauty products)…stay tuned!
- I have been on the hunt for the longest time to find a matte lipgloss with all day staying power. Not just “long lasting”, I want something that will not move after drinking coffee, eating lunch etc. So, after doing some research, I read that the Anastasia Beverly Hills Liquid Lipstick does just that. I was a little nervous about the colors because they aren’t in a store near me, so I just ordered based on intuition (scary!). I will do a review soon! The color I chose was Catnip.
- The photo above was taken during our trip to Flora Farms in Cabo. Oh my goodness, this place was absolutely gorgeous. I will be doing a full review on this place Monday, so be sure to check back. It is a MUST for any one who is heading to Cabo San Lucas. My sunglasses are sadly sold out in pink, but here is the tortoise version.
- This weekend I am attending a local calligraphy class. After many (failed) attempts at trying to teach myself, I’ve decided to join my old co-workers and take a class. The class is Sunday afternoon, so be sure to follow via snapchat [the teacher diva] I’m sure there will be lots to share!
- My sister-in-law, Megan, writes a fitness and fashion blog, and I am so inspired by her dedication and health habits. She has been training for the Rock & Roll Marathon in Dallas on March 20th and has shared some tips for training for a race. Go follow her for heath and fashion tips- your body will thank you!