Happy Friday! I am so excited to introduce you guys to a new series that I have been planning for the past few months, The Weekend Edit. In effort to make things more consistent around here, I wanted to create a weekly series featuring some of my favorite finds, weekend sales and overall inspiration.
You will find a new post each Friday, so please let me know what you think and if you have any suggestions on what you would like to see on The Weekend Edit. I hope you enjoy!
This section is going to be geared towards sharing some exciting sales or favorite items that are marked down for the day or weekend. I hope to have new Sale Alert each Friday! Feel free to email me if you are looking for anything specific and I will try my best to find it on sale [firstname.lastname@example.org].
- Tomorrow is the last day for the Shopbop Spring Sale. Have you shopped yet? I took advantage of the sale and picked up these Suede Wedges and these Gladiator Sandals. I also scooped up another pair of these boyfriend shorts. I purchased this pair 2 years ago and these last year…after seeing how much I wore these shorts, I decided to get one more pair just in time for summer! Shop more of my favorite picks here.
- If you’re in the market for new kicks, I love the sale section at Nordstrom. This pair of Mia Wedges are adorable, and I love this pair of Lace Up Heels. These Caged Heels are also amazing (and under $100).
- If you’re looking for a new highlighter/blush compact, I found this Naked Flushed Palette on sale (only $15)! I’ve used and it before, and I think it looks really pretty and subtle. It doesn’t have a ton of shimmer (which I like) but gives a soft glow.
My goal for “Favorite Finds” isn’t necessarily to be fashion focused each week, but my hope is to incorporate favorite recipes, beauty tips, home decor etc. Please comment below if you have something you want to share!
- Attention bulldog lovers (I know you are out there). Take a look at this adorable bulldog towel. Love it!
- I’d love for you to check out my intern’s website, Miss Madeline Rose. I am so proud of Madeline and all the hard work she has put into her brand. She has such a beautiful feed and aesthetic to her blog, I love her content!
- If you are looking for some new people to follow on Instagram, I am loving this account for home inspiration. Every photo is simply stunning!
- Are any of you tea drinkers? I’m usually not a fan of hot tea, but oh my, the Comforting Tea from Aveda is the best hot tea I’ve ever tried. I had my first sip during fashion week at Spoke & Weal, and came home to buy some of my own. It’s sweetend with natural peppermint and licorice root (I promise it’s good). It’s a must try!
What’s inspiring you lately? Here are a few things that have been on my mind. For more inspiration, follow my “Influenced” pinterest board.
- I recently started reading the Lent Bible Study from She Reads Truth. I’ve always found the She Reads Truth series to be an easy read and practical for the every girl. Email me for more information about this study! [email@example.com]
- The Meetup Dallas: I recently had a chance to sit down and talk with the founders of The Meetup Dallas, and I’m am very inspired by their sense of camaraderie and motivation to help new and aspiring bloggers . The goal of The Meetup is to create a space and a reason to meet and mingle, to connect and collaborate. They have started hosting workshops where new bloggers and brands can attend to gain knowledge into growing your business, branding your blog and making the most out of your social media. I am so honored to lead the March workshop in Dallas on 3/23. If you are interested in attending the workshop, please register here. I would love to meet you!
- How amazing is this print? In a world that is constantly in motion, it can be very difficult to be still. God wants us to rest, be still, and know that he is in control. For me, this has been hard. Like many of you, I find that my days get so busy, I really struggle with letting my mind rest and be “still”. As I mentioned before, my goal has been to be more intentional with my quiet time and in prayer. For me, it helps if I schedule my quite time or set a personal reminder on my phone to hold myself accountable. It is definitely a challenge for me, but something I strive to work on. This print is a wonderful reminder to Be Still and Know that our Lord is with us and in ultimate control.
Thanks so much for reading and I hope you have a wonderful weekend! Please let me know what you think of this new series. I value your feedback and would love to hear and suggestions or thoughts! xx Ashley