Last week, Austin and I spent some time visiting family in Southern California. We posted our trip on snapchat and instagram, but already had quite a few questions about specific places we went so I wanted to put together a few of our favorite places. Our list isn’t too long since we were there for such a short time, however, we are heading back to LA in March for an upcoming project and will be sure to create a more thorough travel guide.
COFFEE + TEA
You all know how much we love coffee and trying new places when we travel. Here are a few of our favorites:
- Alfred’s Coffee & Kitchen (this hot spot is a must if you want a trendy instagram photo or just a great cup of coffee. Either way, you won’t be disappointed. Oh, and can we talk about their branding? It’s pretty much perfect)
- Alfred’s Tea Room (the matcha latte is their most popular drink. I liked it, but I want to try something else next time)
- Coffee Commissary (loved their house vanilla latte)
(outfit details in this post)
LUNCH + DINNER
- The Ivy (I love this spot for lunch! The Grilled Vegetable Salad with Shrimp is my absolute favorite. Highly recommend grabbing reservations and asking for a seat on the patio)
- Mainland Poke (Austin really wanted to go here, so of course we made it happen. I’m not as adventurous when it comes for food, but I have to say, this place was delicious. We will be back!)
- Joan’s on Third (you can’t go wrong here!)
- Beastie Boys Bagels Food Truck (ok, the name grosses me out, but these bagels are insanely good. The bagel sandwiches are huge so you may want to split. Or not. We don’t judge!
SHOPPING + SITE SEEING
- Melrose Place (my favorite area for window shopping and taking photos)
- Violet Grey (the ultimate shopping experience for the beauty queen)
- Griffith Observatory (so, we actually pulled into the parking lot and then I got what turned out to be a pretty intense migraine. So we left 🙁 I was pretty bummed. BUT… we will be back in March so this is at the top of our list)
- The Grove (one of my favorite outdoor shopping malls)
- Micheltorena Stairs (the rainbow stairs)
Keep in mind, several of these places are pretty “trendy” so it might be helpful to get reservations or go at not-so-popular times if you want to take photos or grab a seat outside.
We are heading back to LA in March and will be sharing a full Travel Guide shortly after our trip. Feel free to reach out with any questions! Thanks for stopping by! xx Ashley
(shoe details– they run tts)