Happy Friday, everyone! Wow, how sad is it that I haven’t posted a Weekend Edit since June. Thanks to Cheryl, for reminding me to get back in the routine of sharing weekend edits with all of you. Honestly, these are a little harder to knock out each week than I originally anticipated, but my plan is to post at least 2 a month.
Alright, let’s dive in. For those of you who are new to The Weekend Edit, welcome! My goal for The Weekend Edit is to share my favorite sales, unique finds (whether that’s with recipes, other inspiring bloggers, or things that I just find interesting) and a little weekend inspiration. It’s fun to share beauty and fashion with you all, but it’s also nice to share what’s going on in my life. You’ll find that I share life updates or personal matters in these posts too!
In this week’s edition of The Weekend Edit and I am sharing a youtube account that I love following, a new Bible verse that has been on my heart, and a flash sale for my go-to TULA products. I’ve also listed a few sale finds below if you plan on doing a little weekend shopping.
Thanks for making me a part of your busy day. I hope you all have a great 3-day weekend! xx Ashley
- If you followed along via insta stories during my trip to NYFW you saw that I was sharing my favorite products from TULA + offering 25% OFF + Free Shipping. I took the Discovery Kit with me (they are the perfect size for travel) and the Hydrating Mist. I have gone through almost 2 of these bottles over the past year…I use it every single day (morning and throughout the day over makeup). It is the best spray for someone who is looking for added hydration or a quick “pick me up” in the afternoon. Use code NYFW25 at checkout for 25% off + Free Shipping. Offer ends today, 2/17!
- Any Spring Break plans? LOFT has some darling swimwear on sale! I love this black scalloped one piece. I also saw this cover up that is currently 40 % off with code HAPPY.
- Yesterday, I talked about ruffles for spring and just found this denim top (on sale). I love the idea of wearing this with white jeans or shorts this summer.
- My favorite (and most comfortable) lace-up sandals from last year are back in stock and on sale. You can see how I styled them here, here, here and here. They run true to size.
- My dear friend, Julia created a You Tube Channel several months ago. She is an extremely talented makeup artist and I love her tutorials and product reviews. I find them easy to do myself and fun to watch! My personal favorites are her recent Sephora Haul & review over the newest They’re Real collection. She is one the nicest and genuine people I know. Go check her out!
- I love a good baseball cap. This pink baseball cap is too cute and only $15. I would wear this with a boyfriend cardigan,(the open knit texture makes this a perfect transition piece for Spring) jeans and pink shoes. This would be perfect for travel or an easy weekend look.
- I know I’ve mentioned this before, but working from home has been a weird adjustment for me. When I was in the classroom I was highly organized, very prompt and followed a very tight schedule (if you are a teacher, you know you what I am talking about). Since, working from home it’s been really hard for me to practice good time management. Of course, I get my deadlines finished and work hard, but I am not using my time wisely. Austin knows I have struggled with this and he told me about the Pomodoro Method and time blocking techniques. I am actually working on a post that goes in to more detail on this, but it has been an amazing tool for me. It is so easy to follow and actually works. I use this cube timer (yes, you could totally use your phone) and it helps keep me on task and focused for that period of time. I have noticed a huge difference in my productivity and I feel like I am making smarter choices for how I spend my time. Had any of you tried this? Tell me your thoughts? I hope to have my time management post go live in March…stay tuned!
- The past few weeks have been pretty difficult for my family and I. I’m not ready to share what is going on quite yet, but I stumbled upon this verse and it really spoke to me. Letting go is so incredibly hard. Especially when we want to be in control and “fix” it yourself. It’s easy to fall to my knees in times of despair or grief, but I need to be strong in my faith at all times. Not just when times are hard. I know that seems simple, but it’s so easy to get caught up in the day to day and push God to the side. Why though? He should be our number 1, right? I am currently working on making more time for God and less time for me. Do you have any tips that help with your quiet time? Please share!
IMAGE BY: MARY SUMMERS HAFNER
pink sweater (the website makes it look more “bubblegum pink” but has a lavender tint to it) | Two Toned Pumps (fit: true to size) also like these & these | Denim (these run tts) | Ferragamo Bow Clutch | Michele Deco Madison Stainless c/o | Gold Thumb Ring