When it comes to dating, things don’t always have to be routine. Austin and I find that mixing things up for date night can actually be quite exciting. Whether it’s date number five or you’ve been together for years, it doesn’t hurt to step it up every now and then.
As Austin and I enter the sixth year of marriage, I am thankful to say we are happily married. Spending your life with your best friend truly is a gift, but it doesn’t always mean things are easy. With busy travel schedules, career challenges, and running a business, sometimes the pressure to connect can be overwhelming. Add kids into the mix and I’m sure you momma’s can agree that it can be tough.
We always make a point of scheduling a date night. This usually entails a romantic night at home together where we prepare a meal or maybe we go to one of our favorite neighborhood restaurants. Regardless, we make sure we take the time to reconnect and unplug from social media. Here are a few of our go-to date night ideas:
5 DATE NIGHT IDEAS
1. Try Something New: Go to a new restaurant that neither of you have been to before. This is a big one for us! Austin and I definitely get stuck in our ways and go to the same places over and over again. Trying a new place keeps things interesting. When dressing for the occasion, get cozy in warm outerwear like Austin’s Wool Coat from Nordstrom or this Tan Wrap Coat for her. Both are now on sale!
2. Classic Combo: Dinner and a Movie. We love going to the movies, especially around the holidays! What movies are on your list this holiday season?
3. Stay In: Test your skills in the kitchen and cook a meal together. We recently tried this with a homemade pizza. It was simple and didn’t require too much preparation. Being somewhat of a homebody, I love staying in comfy clothes (can’t forget these slippers) and putting on a favorite movie. This takes the pressure off and leaves you plenty of time to get ready for a romantic night in.
4. Visit a New part of Town: If you live in the suburbs, head to the city! There’s something exciting about heading to the city for a night. While you may be just as happy ordering in and streaming Netflix together, it’s nice to have an excuse to hit the town too. Embrace your edgy side with a sleek black blazer and lace camisole that bares just the right amount of skin. I love this paired with distressed jeans, but it also looks nice with a pair of black denim and heeled boots (also seen here).
5. Start a new tradition. Whether it’s your anniversary or a special memory, why not do something to remember it? When Austin proposed July 23rd (7 years ago!) he set up a breakfast picnic on the beach complete with blueberries and Eggo waffles. Every year on July 23rd, we always have Eggo waffles and blueberries! It’s one of my favorite traditions. Unfortunately, beach not included.
What are your favorite date ideas? xx Ashley + Austin
On Her: Mural Oversize Double Breasted Blazer | Halogen Lace Trim Cami | AG Jeans | Halogen Double Ring Leather Belt | KENDALL + KYLIE Fallyn Pointed Toe Booties | Gucci Sunglasses | Gucci Padlock Bag
On Him: AG Tellis Slim Fit Jeans (Nordstrom has a huge selection of AG denim for Men)| Topman Classic Fit Coat | Similar crewneck shirt here, here, and here | Similar boots here, here, and here | Ray-Ban Aviator Sunglasses