You guys know I swear by double cleansing. Ever since my dermatologist recommended it to me a couple of years ago, I’ve been loyal to this Japanese skincare regimen.
Cleansing is the foundation for great skin. And in order to keep your skin clear and smooth, you want to ensure that you remove every trace of makeup before going to bed. Double cleansing helps keep your skin healthy and preps your skin for any serums or treatments you choose to apply after.
I hope you find this as helpful as I did! xx Ashley
HOW TO DOUBLE CLEANSE
I always start with a cleansing oil to remove my makeup. The Deep Cleansing Oil is what I am currently using. Did you know DHC sells one cleansing oil every 10 seconds worldwide? Crazy right?
- Dispense 2-3 pumps of the oil onto dry, clean hands and massage onto dry skin – yes with your makeup on.
- Massage into circles allowing the oil to break up your foundation and any waterproof mascara you might be wearing.
- Rinse away with water and watch as it takes off your makeup.
- With your favorite cleanser, work up a lather by rubbing the product in between your hands. Here, I am using the Face Wash Powder with the mesh cleansing tool.
- If using the Face Wash Powder, you only need a dime size or less. A little goes a long way! Add a little water to the powder and mix with the mesh tool. You will notice it foam up immediately with the mesh tool.
- Pull the suds through the mesh tool, and use the suds to clean your face.
- Wash your face as normal.
A few notes:
The best skincare routine is a consistent one. After I started double cleansing, I noticed my skin started to clear up within a month. Of course, I have the occasional hormonal breakout, but this helped really keep my skin clean before bed and reduce unnecessary breakouts.
Right now, DHC is offering 20% of the entire site code HANAMI19, I’m stocking up and grabbing another face oil!
This post is written in collaboration with DHC Skincare. All opinions and selections are my own.
Images by Mary Hafner