Self tanning season is here! Below, you’ll find my favorite self-tanning products along with everything I do to achieve a flawless application. Comment below if there’s anything I missed. Here’s to warmer weather!
Editor’s Note: My #1 tip if you are using a mousse, is apply the night before, sleep in it, rinse the next morning.
1. Shave + Exfoliate Before shaving, I dry brush. This helps with circulation, removing dry skin, and reducing cellulite. After dry brushing, I hop in the shower and use this sugar scrub. It’s not too oily and will leave you skin feeling silky smooth. A must before using any self tanner. After exfoliating, I use this shave gel. It’s my favorite and works so well at reducing any irritation.
2. Moisturize The key here is to add a little lotion in areas that might crease. Specially knees or ankles. I use this lotion and it never fails me.
3. Use a Glove or Mitt When I use a mousse, I prefer a mitt. I have tried it a few different ways and I just love the way a mitt blends it all together. Apply in circular motions and blend blend blend.
4. Use a makeup brush for flawless blending This is a tip I picked up from a pro MUA. To create a seamless application, take a makeup brush (I use this one) and blend around your wrists, hands, back of knees, and feet ankles. Most of the time I don’t add any product to the brush, I just blend what I have on my skin.
5. Rinse the next morning I usually follow this if I use a mousse, but it would work for a lotion too! For my best tan, I apply at night (following the steps above), sleep in it, and rinse the next morning. It never fails me and always leaves my tan looking smooth and like I just left the beach.
LOVING TAN PLATINUM MOUSSE My absolute favorite mousse (trust me, I’ve tried almost everything). This one give you a deep, olive tan with zero orange undertones. It comes with a disclaimer as it’s recommended for experienced tanners, but if you follow those steps above, you should be in good shape.
GRADUAL TANNING LOTION I use this in-between mousse applications or spray tan visits. It’s gradual and creates a soft hint of color. A must for summer.
FACE TANNING MIST I can’t use a lot of self-tanners on my face because they cause me to break out. This one is ideal for sensitive skin and leaves a beautiful, all over tint. The applicator pump on this mist is the best I’ve tried.
TANNING DROPS If you want a custom color tan, these tanning drops are the best. You apply a few drops to your favorite body lotion and the tan will develop in a few hours. I like to take this with me on trips as it’s TSA Approved and easy to pack.
Leave a Reply