Happy Friday! I wanted to share with you guys some of my favorites in Memorial Day Sales! Right now, Nordstromis having their half yearly sale and has discounted so many of my favorite brands. I love these sandals from Tory Burch and thisiPhone case.See more of my sale must haves below! Happy Shopping! xx
As we start to transition into Summer, I find myself reaching for more and more of my printed tops and dresses. This Gingham Tunichas been calling my name and I have been looking forward to wearing it. To be honest, this is the first gingham piece that I own, but now I can see why it’s such a summer time favorite. I’ve already worn it twice and have plans to wear it this weekend as well! Get 20% off with code ‘STEPINTOSUMMER’.
A lot of you have been asking about my school year and how many more days of school we have. Well, my year has been great (my class is awesome!) but I am definitely looking forward to summer! We have only 11 more days left! Isn’t that crazy? I think every teacher is counting down the days, but we I am still enjoying this precious time with my sweet class!
Every girl needs a fun maxi dress for summer. Something that you can throw on for any summer bash or a night on the town. This Palm Print Maxiis a favorite of mine. I have always loved Parker and their dresses always are perfect for any occasion.
For starters, I love the fit. Any dress that I can wear a normal strapless bra is a winner for me- I mean, let’s be real! The print is playful too and right on trend for Summer.
I can’t wait to wear this dress on vacation next month. It’s perfect for a weekend at the beach or by the pool!
I love trying new makeup and skincare products. And if you’ve been reading for a while, you know I love to try new things! Of course, I have my favorites that I use on a regular basis, but I also look forward to testing new products and sharing reviews with you guys.
These are the products that I am currently using. I have been really impressed with how they make my skin look and feel. My skin hasn’t always been the best, so it was always a challenge to find makeup that didn’t break me out or cause me to be too oily. These products seem to do the trick and I couldn’t be happier!
What do you use on a daily basis?
1. Complexion Rescue Foundation– This foundation is amazing. I used Bare Minerals Loose Powder for years in high school and was thrilled to see they came out with this tinted gel cream. I like that this has a build-able coverage, and it’s perfect for days when I want something light. I use a dime size on the smooth foundation brush for light coverage or a nickel size for a heavier look. Either way, it’s made a huge difference for my skin!
2.Protective Face Base– Best. Primer. Ever. Not only does this have SPF 50 (!), but it’s also packed with other moisturizers that help keep skin soft and healthy. It also makes my skins texture look smooth and keeps my makeup in place. I love it!
3. Creamy Concealer– After hearing so many good reviews, I knew I wanted to try it for myself. I just started using this (I use the color Vanilla) and it’s perfect for under eyes and brightening my cheekbones. It’s also pretty lightweight and doesn’t crease.
4. Brow Kit– My sister-in-law, Megan, and I always joke about how much we love brows. We both struggle in this area (me way more than her!) and we are constantly sharing tips on how we can achieve “perfect brows”. I found this kit to be a huge help! It has everything you need to keep your brows in good shape and having the two colors really helps. I use this kit everyday..it’s a must!
5. Blush– This is another favorite that I use all the time. The MAC Blush in the color, Tenderling is amazing! (I also wore it here) Its a soft corally-pink and looks great any time of the year but especially in the summer. I use thisbrush to apply. It pairs really nice with this Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick.
6. Bronzer & Highlighter– This is my favorite bronzer pallet for two reasons. 1. It’s extremely versatile. I use the darker tones for contouring and the lighter shades for highlighting. The colors pair so well together! And 2. It’s shimmery but not too shimmery. I have normal to oily skin so I avoid anything that is to shimmery or metallic. I was a little nervous to try this since it is a “shimmer brick”. I was very impressed and liked that it didn’t make my face look shiny,
7. Extreme Party Mascara– I used this mascara about a year ago, switched, then came back to it and I have found that I love it even more the second go around. I love that it makes my lashes longer and keeps them separated. I also like that it doesn’t flake or leave black marks on my eyes. The cool part about this mascara is that it is easy to reapply later in the day. When the girl told me that at the makeup counter, I honestly didn’t believe her. I thought, how can it look just as good applying it over the original coats. But it’s true! I use it many times as a refresher later in the day, especially on the weekends, and it doesn’t make my lashes look clumpy.
8. ‘Candy Pop’ Lipstick– I am obsessed with this stuff. My lips are always dry, and this hydrating lipbalm keeps them super soft. For me, I have found that tinted lipbalms don’t give off too much color, but this is the exception.This color is very pigmented and as you can see in the picture, my lips have a good amount of color on them. I love this stuff! I am wearing the color Candy Pop.
This past weekend it has been nothing but storms in Dallas. All of us here in North Texas are definitely ready for the sunshine!
This breezy top (under $40) has summer written all over it and I can’t wait to wear this out and about in my go to denim shorts(seen here, be sure to size down). I’ve said this before, but I love white for summer. It’s clean and simple look always puts off a classic vibe.
The crochet details around the neck and shoulders really make this look pop and I love the flowy fit. It’s the perfect top for summer!
Hi Dallas friends! I am excited to partner with Macy’s for their American Icons event this Saturday, May 16th at Northpark Center in Dallas. I will be hosting the event with Lauren Smith Ford, the Fashion Editor at Texas Monthly, and we can’t wait to share some of our favorite looks for Summer!
The event starts at 2:00 pm and will end at 4:00 pm. Be sure to RSVP here to receive a fun gift on Saturday. There will be sips and treats while you shop and be sure to snap a selfie in the photo booth! You will also receive a selfie stick with any $50 fashion purchase.
Your closet has probably seen it’s fair share of trends, but we all know we can count on those timeless pieces that get us from season to season. If you’re like me, you may try the trends every once in a while, but you feel most comfortable in those basic, key wardrobe pieces.
An outfit that I always feel confident in, is a classic blazer (under $100), blouse, skinny pants and a great pair ofpumps. This is always a favorite combo of mine. However, I can’t forget about the accessories. Let’s talk about this watch! I always thought of myself as a gold watch kinda gal, but recently, I have just loved the two-toned look of theMichael Kors Watch Collection.It’s a classic time piece that can be worn with gold or silver. It’s one of those easy pieces that looks right with just about anything. I have my eye one this version by Michele fromNordstrom, but for now, this Michael Kors beauty will do just fine!
When I put on this outfit, my mind immediately thought of Justin and Brittany’s denim look back in 2001. Anyone else remember this? As much as I loved Brittany and Justin together, I always cringe when I see that picture! Ha, with that being said, I tried to keep this as far away from that as possible.
I’ve always been a fan of the “Canadian Tuxedo”(think Olivia P stye), but never considered myself one to pull it off. I perused pinterest and dug threw my closet and found my favorite shorts and chambray top (both on sale!) in hopes to give it a try. For me, I wanted to keep the denim different. I feel like mixing the light and dark denim really helps to pull off the all denim look! This was definitely a perfect outfit for a day at the Truck Yard in Dallas and snacking on treats from the food trucks. Wishing it was still the weekend!
This classic twist on the Little Black Dress is my absolute favorite. I have always loved the ease of a shirtdress, but the tied waist really completes the look. I paired it with these espadrilles (under $90) but it would look great with a dressier sandal like these. The light cotton definitely makes this dress a staple for summer. Thanks for reading! xx
I don’t know about you, but my makeup drawer was in need of a little spring cleaning. While our new bathroom does have more counter and drawer space, I desperately needed a better system for keeping my products organized and clutter free!
Let me introduce you to my GLAMluxe Makeup Organizer, aka the best thing ever! This was the perfect solution to hold my makeup and skin care neatly.
This beauty organizer is perfect because each drawer is a different height. Myeyeshadow pallet and bronzer kitcan be bulky, so it was nice to find something that can hold different packaging. You may have also noticed the dividers in the bottom drawer. These are removable and can be used in any drawer. I like this because I can separate my smaller items like eyeshadows, eyeliner, and concealer.
I love my GLAMboxand they don’t want you to miss out on all the fun. GLAMbox is offering TTD readers 20% off with code diva. Have fun and tag me in your photos! I would love to see how you stay organized. Thanks for reading! xx