Oh bras. Let’s be honest, it can be hard to find the best fit (I know I am not alone in this battle!). And sometimes, what “fits” isn’t always the pretty. Undergarments are something we wear everyday, so I like to invest in something that makes me feel confident. If that means doing some extra research to find something that fits my body, I’m willing to do it. And when I am in the market, Nordstromis the first place I start.
If you are looking skivvies, I’d recommend stopping by your local Nordstrom this Friday and Saturday (October 24 – 25) during the We Heart A Great Fitevent. I love the cause behind this event and the awareness it promotes for women and breast cancer. For each bra purchased online or in-store, Nordstrom is donating $2 to the Young Survival Coalition. Additionally, each brand will be matching Nordstrom’s donation. And when you are in-store, bra fit specialists are available to help you find the perfect size and the bra that fits you best!
Though breast cancer has personally affected my family (and so many other families I know!), I am proud that a brand like Nordstrom is standing up to cancer through donations and awareness. Stay healthy! ♥
With each season, my taste in jewelry changes. I often find myself wearing statement necklaces one day then wearing delicate pieces the next. I love how this bracelet and ring from Nordstrom, are pieces that I can wear day to day through each season. Alexis Bittar is so on point with his pieces for this Fall. His amazing, one of a kind statement necklaces pair perfectly with this delicate bangle. It’s so inspiring!
The Imperial Hinge Bangleand Gold Stack Ring(now 20% off!) are two pieces perfect for everyday. The jewels on the bangle are the right amount of sparkle and the illusion of multiple stacking rings is just what I like to wear for an easy casual look. To see more of the Alexis Bittarcollection, be sure to check out Nordstrom. XX
Today’s post is short, but one worth checking out. Shopbop, one of my favorite online retailers, is offering 25% off (your entire order!!). This is the best time to grab those boots you have been wanting or those designer jeans at 25% off. Just use code FAMILY25 at checkout! Happy shopping! xx
As I’ve mentioned before, these are my absolute favorite posts. Not just to put together, but I always love hearing what people carry in their bags. I guess you could say I am always on the lookout for new “purse size” goodies to try out.
I switch bags about 4 times during the week, so in between the mess of receipts and gum wrappers, I thought I’d share with you guys the things I carry around on a daily basis.
1. Gigi New York Teddie Tote in Sand- This leather carry all is a life savor. It’s the perfect companion to take with me to school each day and a great weekend tote. It hold all my stuff without feeling weighed down.
2. Gigi New York All In One Clutch- This clutch is my favorite multitasker. Not only does it make a great makeup bag but it also is a pretty chic clutch. I just love that tassel!
3. Tieks Ballet Flats in Light Pink- Now that my husband and I moved, we are within walking distance to some of our favorite restaurants. These little guys make it easy when I want to swap the heels for some flats. I also keep these on hand when I want to be comfortable while teaching. They make my feet feel so good.
4. If I Do Say So Myself, Kate Spade Notebook- I’m always one for having cute stationary and paper goods. Kate Spadeis obviously the queen of all things “office chic” and I love having this notebook when I’m needing to make an every growing list or jot down an idea for this blog.
5. Tory Burch Wallet- I don’t really own a whole lot of “pink things”, but I do love this wallet. The pink is just a fun pop of color. Not to mention, TB does make some pretty cute leather goods.
6. Pillow Proof Dry Shampoo- I got this little guy for Fashion Week and loved it so much I keep buying it. Not only do I love the mini size, but it really does work. I keep it on hand for those days when your headed to Happy Hour or just in need of a little freshen up.
7. Warby Parker Glasses in the style Crane- Warby makes the best glasses and I love what the company stands for. Buy a pair and they give a pair to a child in need.
Well, if there’s one thing that makes up for having to go to work today, it’s these great Columbus Day Sales. Lucky for us, we can now scoop up some of our favorite Fall and Winter styles at lower prices.
Be sure to check out these sales before the promotions are over!
J Crew- 30% OFF J. CREW WITH CODE: WEEKENDPLANS promotion ends 10.13.14
Madewell- 30% OFF MADEWELL WITH CODE: OHFALL promotion ends 10.13.14
Old Navy- 15% OFF OLD NAVY WITH CODE: ONSAVENOW promotion ends 10.13.14
Club Monaco- UP TO $100 OFF WITH CODE: FALLSALE promotion ends 10.13.14
Piperlime- 20% OFF PIPERLIME WITH CODE: FALL20 promotion ends 10.13.14
I love when I find a jewelry designer that compliments my style. And while I’m not one for wearing statement jewelry, I absolutely love these gold and lucite pieces. They perfectly compliment any everyday, casual look. Alexis Bittar is the designer that gets it right. His pieces are more than just jewelry. They are art. They are style. And they are the perfect accessory for today’s look.
Now that school is in full swing, I am constantly on the lookout for products to keep my hair “fresh” in between shampoos. I love trying new things. And anything that promises longer lasting blow outs is alright by me!
I was recently introduced to OribeThick Dry Finishing Spray and I have used it everyday since. I was a little nervous about trying something with the word “thick” in the title because usually volume fillers and thickeners weigh my hair down. This is the complete opposite. It’s so lightweight…you almost wonder if it’s even in your hair.
One trick that helps me get a little volume and “refresh” my hair, is using the blow dryer(review coming soon on this dryer!) on low heat to set the spray. I know “set” makes it sound sticky or crunchy, but I promise it’s not! I lift a layer of my hair around the root, flip it to the other side, and spray close to the root. I hold the blow dryer there for maybe 5 seconds and then do the same thing on the other side. I use my Spornette “Little Wonder” teasing comb to brush through my roots and sometimes even do a soft back comb to add some lift. It’s the best little trick for a quick touch up!
It’s no question that boots are one of my favorite shoes to wear. And while there are hundreds of styles, shapes and colors, I seem to have a liking toward Over The Knee and Ankle styles. There are so many trends now and while they can be fun, I always like to stick with classic looks.
I’ve put together a few of my favorite styles for Fall and Winter. While the over the knee boot can be intimidating, I highly suggest pairing it with some skinnies and an oversized top or sweater. After eyeing these Stuart Weitzman 50/50 Boots for the last 2 years, I finally made the investment. They are so comfortable and the leather is so soft. If you aren’t quite ready to make the investment I highly recommend this version by Louise et Cie. They look identical and are significantly cheaper. If ankle boots are more your thing, you can’t go wrong with those above. Happy shopping!
If there’s one thing you need for Fall, it’s an oversized sweater. I love wearing chunky knits over long blouses or crisp button downs to give a cool layered look. When buying sweaters like this, it’s important to make sure you get one that is oversized, but not too big. You definitely don’t want it to swallow you. All you need is a pair of skinnies or a fluted skirt and you’re set.