I love trying new makeup and skincare products. And if you’ve been reading for a while, you know I love to try new things! Of course, I have my favorites that I use on a regular basis, but I also look forward to testing new products and sharing reviews with you guys.
These are the products that I am currently using. I have been really impressed with how they make my skin look and feel. My skin hasn’t always been the best, so it was always a challenge to find makeup that didn’t break me out or cause me to be too oily. These products seem to do the trick and I couldn’t be happier!
What do you use on a daily basis?
1. Complexion Rescue Foundation– This foundation is amazing. I used Bare Minerals Loose Powder for years in high school and was thrilled to see they came out with this tinted gel cream. I like that this has a build-able coverage, and it’s perfect for days when I want something light. I use a dime size on the smooth foundation brush for light coverage or a nickel size for a heavier look. Either way, it’s made a huge difference for my skin!
2. Protective Face Base– Best. Primer. Ever. Not only does this have SPF 50 (!), but it’s also packed with other moisturizers that help keep skin soft and healthy. It also makes my skins texture look smooth and keeps my makeup in place. I love it!
3. Creamy Concealer– After hearing so many good reviews, I knew I wanted to try it for myself. I just started using this (I use the color Vanilla) and it’s perfect for under eyes and brightening my cheekbones. It’s also pretty lightweight and doesn’t crease.
4. Brow Kit– My sister-in-law, Megan, and I always joke about how much we love brows. We both struggle in this area (me way more than her!) and we are constantly sharing tips on how we can achieve “perfect brows”. I found this kit to be a huge help! It has everything you need to keep your brows in good shape and having the two colors really helps. I use this kit everyday..it’s a must!
5. Blush– This is another favorite that I use all the time. The MAC Blush in the color, Tenderling is amazing! (I also wore it here) Its a soft corally-pink and looks great any time of the year but especially in the summer. I use this brush to apply. It pairs really nice with this Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick.
6. Bronzer & Highlighter– This is my favorite bronzer pallet for two reasons. 1. It’s extremely versatile. I use the darker tones for contouring and the lighter shades for highlighting. The colors pair so well together! And 2. It’s shimmery but not too shimmery. I have normal to oily skin so I avoid anything that is to shimmery or metallic. I was a little nervous to try this since it is a “shimmer brick”. I was very impressed and liked that it didn’t make my face look shiny,
7. Extreme Party Mascara– I used this mascara about a year ago, switched, then came back to it and I have found that I love it even more the second go around. I love that it makes my lashes longer and keeps them separated. I also like that it doesn’t flake or leave black marks on my eyes. The cool part about this mascara is that it is easy to reapply later in the day. When the girl told me that at the makeup counter, I honestly didn’t believe her. I thought, how can it look just as good applying it over the original coats. But it’s true! I use it many times as a refresher later in the day, especially on the weekends, and it doesn’t make my lashes look clumpy.
8. ‘Candy Pop’ Lipstick– I am obsessed with this stuff. My lips are always dry, and this hydrating lipbalm keeps them super soft. For me, I have found that tinted lipbalms don’t give off too much color, but this is the exception.This color is very pigmented and as you can see in the picture, my lips have a good amount of color on them. I love this stuff! I am wearing the color Candy Pop.
Shop My Favorites