Well, the official countdown to Europe has begun and we could not be more excited. This is a trip that we have been dreaming about and it is finally happening!
While we love to travel, this will definitely be a big trip for us. My husband, Austin, studied in Europe during college, and is somewhat familiar with Florence and Paris, but I have never been. We always knew we wanted to make this trip sooner than later, but wanted the timing to be just right. After praying over this trip for quite some time and patiently waiting, we are thrilled that it is finally here.
When planning this trip, it was definitely hard to narrow down our places to visit. We knew we didn’t want to be rushed in each city and it was important for us to to have the time to take it all in. After all, we don’t take trips like this often! So we decided that we wanted to see Paris, Florence, the Amalfi Coast and London. It’s crazy to think we will be gone for so long, but Austin was able to save his vacation days and together we saved our miles to help with all of the flights. I can’t wait! If you have any must do’s or tips for packing please please send them my way!
For today’s version of The Weekend Edit, I included some major sales (lots of name brands on sale this weekend!) and a few of my favorite finds. I am also announcing the winners to the TEACHER APPRECIATION GIVEAWAY so be sure to check that out if you entered!
Thanks so much for reading and hope you all have a wonderful weekend! xx Ashley
- ANTHROPOLOGIE is having 20% OFF SITEWIDE (ah-mazing) use code XOXO at checkout. I have this Striped Tunic , this Fringe Vest and this Black Midi Dress on my wishlist. That dress is a little pricey, but I feel like it would go with everything and looks very comfortable.
- The perfect Faux Leather Tote is on sale for $31. I have this tote from last year, and it really is perfect for travel, work or even as a purse. Though it’s not really leather, I am still impressed with the overall quality!
- This Kate Spade Card Holder (featured here and here) is 33% off. I use this for my business cards and I love the pop of color!
- If you missed out on the Tory Burch sale a few weeks ago, they just added a ton of new styles all on sale. I have these ivory & black espadrilles and love them! I got my normal size.
- With our trip just a few days away, our travel consultant (Taylor is amazing) told me about this Seat Pak organizer. I literally just ordered one in black. I am looking forward to giving it a try and not having to dig through my purse the entire flight.
- So after Katey begging me to try TULA, I finally did and I am obsessed. You might remember me talking about my skin issues on here before, but I have been on a pretty strict regimen from my dermatologist. With that being said I was very hesitant to give this a try (especially since my skin was just starting to clear up). I was curious to see if it lived up to the hype, so I decided to try it for 3 weeks and see if I noticed a difference good or bad. I have been using it for about 3 weeks now, and I can honestly say I am having zero issues and my face is clear! It is amazing how well this stuff works! I will be doing a post on the line soon, but for now you will just have to take my word for it. Highly recommend TULA! PS- the exfoliating treatment mask is my favorite!
- It’s Mother’s Day weekend! I have a special surprise for my Mom and Mother-in-Law…can’t say it here because they read my blog 🙂 . Our day will be busy, but I am looking forward to spending some quality time with both families. Since we all live in the same city, we will be going to church & lunch with Austin’s family and dinner with mine. This is a wonderful holiday celebrating the special women in our lives, however, I know this day can be hard for many. Praying and thinking of those who are hurting or struggling this Mother’s Day.
Image via The Culture Trip