Hi friends! Happy Friday. In this week’s edition of The Weekend Edit, I’m sharing some good sales, new finds and things that are inspiring me. If you love minimal and dainty jewelry, I highly suggest reading the Sale Alert section!
Sunday, I am tagging along with Austin as he heads to North Carolina for a work trip. Though he’ll be busy most of the week, we did carve out some time for fun activities. I always love getting to go on work trips with Austin. While they aren’t the most glamorous, it’s just fun to spend time together in a new place!
Have a great weekend and thank you for stopping by! xx Ashley
- If you’ve been a reader for a while, you know how much I love my gold thumb ring. I started wearing this one by Katie Dean Jewelry a couple weeks ago and I am obsessed. You might be thinking, a thin gold band what’s the big deal? But I like one that I can wear while I wash my hands and not have to worry about my finger turning green. This ring is good quality, without a heft price tag. I also have this little choker which pairs really nice with my initial necklace. If you’re looking to add a few minimal pieces to your jewelry collection, Katie Dean is offering TTD readers 20% off with code ashley20.
- This $20 top is too good (Also seen here! I’m in a medium for size reference). I’ve been getting a ton of emails and messages lately about the quality at Shein. I have a whole blog post on my Shein experience. Let me know your thoughts. Have you shopped with them?
- The Best of Italy: Handbags Event at HauteLook is pretty amazing. My favorite is this Leather Satchel. How amazing is that lock closure?
- LiketoKnow.It just created this beautiful mural in Dallas. If you are visiting any time soon, be sure to stop by The Standard Pour and snap a photo. The wall will be up all summer long!
- You all know how much I love GLAMGLOW products. I picked this Setting Spray up a couple weeks ago and have been using it (almost) every day since. I love it! It comes out in a very fine mist, which is really nice. The spray helps my makeup stay on longer without feeling tacky or like I have hairspray on my face. I know that’s an odd comparison, but some I’ve tried really do feel like that. I highly recommend this!
- I just ordered these tennis shoes (I got my normal size) and love them! They will be so cute with this tee or this dress.
- Any fitness fanatics out there? Share with me your tips for motivation! Austin and I typically incorporate some type of fitness 2-3 days a week. That could include a walk around our neighborhood, spin class or barre. We eat moderately healthy with the occasional sweet treat, but we recently decided to challenge ourselves with being more active. Since we both work desk jobs, it’s hard to get moving throughout the day. Quite the opposite from teaching, right? Our goal is achievable, but challenging (for us). We both are trying to do some type of workout or activity 5-6 times a week. So far, we are on track to meeting our goal (then again, it’s only been a couple of weeks). I’m sharing this with you guys not as a way to look for praise, but in hopes for there to be some accountability. Surly by telling you all this, it will help us stay motivated! If you have any tips or apps that have helped you reach a goal, please let us know.
- We have some fun content coming up in the next few weeks. I am particularly looking forward to a post where I am sharing designer sunglasses…all on sale. If you love sunglasses as much as I do, this post is for you! I’ve also been getting a few questions about self-tanners. Being curious myself, I am currently testing a few different brands that I will review and share in a couple of weeks. Do you have a favorite that I should try? Also, if you ever have any post requests or content themes that you want to see on here, feel free to leave a comment below or send us an email with POST REQUEST in the subject line. We love hearing your feedback!
Last month we announced that we are looking to expand our local team here at The Teacher Diva. We have already heard from several amazing candidates, but wanted to share this one more time in case you missed it. This is for a part-time, paid position in North Dallas. We are looking for someone who is hardworking, highly organized, creative and located in North Dallas. If you or someone you know is interested, please submit your resume to email@example.com with RESUME in the subject line. If you have a stylish instagram or pinterest, please include that in your email!