Hi friends! Happy Friday. In this week’s edition of The Weekend Edit, I’m sharing some good sales, new finds and things that are inspiring me. If you love minimal and dainty jewelry, I highly suggest reading the Sale Alert section!
Sunday, I am tagging along with Austin as he heads to North Carolina for a work trip. Though he’ll be busy most of the week, we did carve out some time for fun activities. I always love getting to go on work trips with Austin. While they aren’t the most glamorous, it’s just fun to spend time together in a new place!
Have a great weekend and thank you for stopping by! xx Ashley
- If you’ve been a reader for a while, you know how much I love my gold thumb ring. I started wearing this one by Katie Dean Jewelry a couple weeks ago and I am obsessed. You might be thinking, a thin gold band what’s the big deal? But I like one that I can wear while I wash my hands and not have to worry about my finger turning green. This ring is good quality, without a heft price tag. I also have this little choker which pairs really nice with my initial necklace. If you’re looking to add a few minimal pieces to your jewelry collection, Katie Dean is offering TTD readers 20% off with code ashley20.
- This $20 top is too good (Also seen here! I’m in a medium for size reference). I’ve been getting a ton of emails and messages lately about the quality at Shein. I have a whole blog post on my Shein experience. Let me know your thoughts. Have you shopped with them?
- The Best of Italy: Handbags Event at HauteLook is pretty amazing. My favorite is this Leather Satchel. How amazing is that lock closure?
- LiketoKnow.It just created this beautiful mural in Dallas. If you are visiting any time soon, be sure to stop by The Standard Pour and snap a photo. The wall will be up all summer long!
- You all know how much I love GLAMGLOW products. I picked this Setting Spray up a couple weeks ago and have been using it (almost) every day since. I love it! It comes out in a very fine mist, which is really nice. The spray helps my makeup stay on longer without feeling tacky or like I have hairspray on my face. I know that’s an odd comparison, but some I’ve tried really do feel like that. I highly recommend this!
- I just ordered these tennis shoes (I got my normal size) and love them! They will be so cute with this tee or this dress.
- Any fitness fanatics out there? Share with me your tips for motivation! Austin and I typically incorporate some type of fitness 2-3 days a week. That could include a walk around our neighborhood, spin class or barre. We eat moderately healthy with the occasional sweet treat, but we recently decided to challenge ourselves with being more active. Since we both work desk jobs, it’s hard to get moving throughout the day. Quite the opposite from teaching, right? Our goal is achievable, but challenging (for us). We both are trying to do some type of workout or activity 5-6 times a week. So far, we are on track to meeting our goal (then again, it’s only been a couple of weeks). I’m sharing this with you guys not as a way to look for praise, but in hopes for there to be some accountability. Surly by telling you all this, it will help us stay motivated! If you have any tips or apps that have helped you reach a goal, please let us know.
- We have some fun content coming up in the next few weeks. I am particularly looking forward to a post where I am sharing designer sunglasses…all on sale. If you love sunglasses as much as I do, this post is for you! I’ve also been getting a few questions about self-tanners. Being curious myself, I am currently testing a few different brands that I will review and share in a couple of weeks. Do you have a favorite that I should try? Also, if you ever have any post requests or content themes that you want to see on here, feel free to leave a comment below or send us an email with POST REQUEST in the subject line. We love hearing your feedback!
Last month we announced that we are looking to expand our local team here at The Teacher Diva. We have already heard from several amazing candidates, but wanted to share this one more time in case you missed it. This is for a part-time, paid position in North Dallas. We are looking for someone who is hardworking, highly organized, creative and located in North Dallas. If you or someone you know is interested, please submit your resume to email@example.com with RESUME in the subject line. If you have a stylish instagram or pinterest, please include that in your email!
For fitness: do you know the Les Mills fitness program? They’re really amazing, and they take a lot of different kinds of exercises into choreography and fitness programming that is–at the same time–VERY accessible and VERY challenging (and so much fun). I say this because Les Mills has an app, Les Mills On Demand (that can also be utilized from the lesmills.com website). It’s like $12.99/month, and you can do an enormous variety of workouts–from mma/cardio kickboxing-based Body Combat to dance fitness Sh’Bam to yoga/pilates/tai chi mix Body Flow to HIIT-based workouts (the Grit series)–without any additional equipment and anywhere you are in the world, as long as you can log into your account and press play. It’s only $12.99/month, and you can do full-length workouts or half-hour workouts. You and Austin can do them together, too!
For fitness MOTIVATION: I tend to keep a calendar on my goal for a certain amount of time (anywhere from 4-8 weeks), and I give myself goals (such as 6 workouts per week). I cross off the days. At specific intervals (at the end of 4 weeks, or at the 4 week and 8 week mark), I highlight that “day” in my calendar, and if I reach that benchmark day, then I get a specific treat–a new pair of workout pants (and NOT from the sales racks!), or a facial, or something along those lines–the kind of thing that’s a luxury and I don’t necessarily NEED but that is, nonetheless, something that will either assist or enhance any continued efforts at health and wellbeing. 🙂
Girl you need to check out the app Apptiv! It’s my favorite guided fitness class app, it’s only $10 a month and a really fun way to keep your fitness routine fun 🙂
There are guided classes for the treadmill, bikes, outside walks, stretches, yoga and others 🙂
Ewa Macherowska says
Totally in love with your shirt <3
Maria // EducationChic says
I love how you are opening up your team to people that read your blog! Good luck with your search – I wish I was local 🙂
Lynn Thompson says
Ashley, You know I love to work out! Look at Orange Theory Fitness. Calorie torcher! Good that you can only cancel your reservation within 8 hours of the class so it makes you very accountable! Also I am doing “Go Ruck” essentially walking with weights. Distance not speed. It is a relaxing exercise, yet is burning quite a few calories! Check out their website http://www.goruck.com!
Love reading your blog!!