A few weeks ago Austin and I ventured off to California to visit the gorgeous Terranea Resort. This was our first trip to the property, but hopefully it will not be our last. I know many of you enjoy visiting California, specifically LA, and you would not believe this resort is located right outside of the city. It’s the perfect location from the airport and a short drive to downtown. Here are a few of our favorite moments from our stay at Terranea in Palos Verdes.
P.S. Stay tuned for a big giveaway on my instagram this afternoon. I am teaming up with a few other bloggers and we have something pretty exciting to win! I’ve never done a large giveaway like this, so I’m anxious to hear what you guys think. Good luck! xx Ashley
PLACES TO EAT AT TERRANEA
The dining options at Terranea are not to be missed! We did not get to try everything, but the few we did try, we loved. The food is locally sourced and made with the freshest ingredients. My favorite place was probably Mar’sel. We ended up eating there for breakfast and dinner. The “Detox Chicken” (ha- it’s fried chicken) was delicious. You can’t go wrong with these places! Oh and be sure to ask your waiter about the sea salt that they harvest on property.
- Bashi: A few of our favorites included the Crispy Walnut Chicken, Sizzling Shaking Beef, and the Charred Shishito Peppers.
- Mar’sel: Try the house-made biscuits!
- Catalina Kitchen: Everything is great, you can’t go wrong!
- Sea Beans: great coffee and breakfast options. Dine in or take it to go!
THINGS TO DO
There’s so much to do on the property, I promise you won’t want to leave! And while this was a nice getaway for just the two of us, it would definitely be a great option for families. There was plenty of things to keep the kiddos entertained!
- We enjoyed walking down to the beach and rocks one morning. This was really pretty and a great spot to snap a photo.
- When you’re ready to relax, lounge by one of our four pools.
- Be sure to book a treatment at the spa. When you book your treatment you also get access to the spa pool and other spa amenities.
- Go shopping at Marea Boutique or Pointe Discovery.
- Check out this list of more activities around the resort!
WHAT TO PACK
Terrenea has several different activities to do on property. To get the full experience, you may want to consider these things when packing:
- Swimsuit (also seen here)
- Tennis Shoes (be sure to check Adidas sizing review) – the 102 acre property has plenty of trails and sights to see. We loved taking short hike around the peninsula while watching the sunrise.
- Comfy T-Shirt
- Resort friendly outfits for dinner or lunch- I packed this two-piece set (skirt), a ruffled dress (also seen here), and a midi dress.
Bishop + Young two-piece set (skirt) (fit: true to size) c/o with these Studded Heels (my review on this brand here), Genie by Eugenia Kim Willa Hat and Hat Attack Woven Tote | BCBG Striped Off the Shoulder Dress (fit: true to size) with these Sunglasses and Hat | Black Coverup | Straw Clutch c/o and Sunglasses