Happy weekend, friends! Most of you know that my family and I just got back from Cabo San Lucas, Mexico. We had so much fun getting to spend time together, relax on the beach and enjoy some really good food. I wanted to share a few highlights from our trip and answer some of the questions we got regarding our stay in Mexico.
WHERE DID YOU STAY?
We stayed at the RIU Palace in Cabo. It’s an all inclusive resort with gorgeous pools and views. However, it has changed a lot since we stayed there two years ago. And unfortunately not for the better! The resort itself is beautiful, but the food and drinks have really gone down hill. They also don’t take reservations at the restaurants and the wait was sometimes 90 minutes. That seemed a little crazy to me. Not trying to be a debbie downer here, but just wanted you guys to know our thoughts since so many asked where we stayed. It was kid friendly, but not what I would call a “family friendly” resort for young children. They just didn’t have a lot of activities offered for kids. They had a kid zone, but it seemed to be shut down.
Obviously, we were just grateful to get to be together in beautiful Mexico and didn’t let it ruin our trip. It’s always good to go with the flow and see the best in each situation, right? However, we probably will not be back at that resort. Austin and I stayed at The Cape a few years ago and LOVED it. It is not all inclusive but honestly, the food was so much better. It was worth it to pay a little more and get better service and food in our opinion. My parents have stayed at The One and Only and said it was the most beautiful resort they’ve ever been to! I’d love to go there for a special occasion.
Cabo has some really great dining options. Here are a few of our local favorites:
- Hacienda Cocina Y Cantina (Our favorite place! Make reservations for 7:30 so you can with the sunset. Ask to sit at the tables with the pillows…they are the best view of the beach)
- The Office
- Bar Esquina
- Flora Farms
WHAT ACTIVITIES DID YOU DO OFF THE RESORT?
- Deep Sea Fishing: We went deep sea fishing one day. It was quite the experience. Let’s just say poor Austin, my Dad and myself got a little sick. But despite a little sea sickness, we had a great time. We went through JC’s Sportfishing but my Dad and brothers have used Fish On Cabo and they had a great experience with that as well. This was a 7-hour trip, and they included snacks and lunch on the boat.
- Parasailing: My mom and I really wanted to do this but unfortunately we couldn’t get it scheduled while we were there. I will say, you have to book it right when you arrive to Cabo. We were going to do it through our resort, but I’m sure you can find other places that offer it. They only offer it in the mornings since the water is more calm.
- Glass Bottom Boat to the Arch: We used My Cabo Experience to take the glass bottom boat to Lovers Beach and the Arch. They will ask you if you want to stay at the beach or head back, I would recommend heading back. The beach doesn’t have too much shade (if any) and there’s not really anything to do.
DID YOU TAKE A TAXI OR SHUTTLE FROM THE AIRPORT TO YOUR HOTEL?
We have taken a shuttle before, but this time we used a private car service. It honestly wasn’t that much more than a shuttle or taxi since we had 5 people. The SUV was very nice, clean and they offered you cold drinks during your ride. Highly recommend this company!
WHAT DID YOU PACK?
Here are a few of the outfit details featured in this post:
- Red Dress: Elan Cover- Up Maxi Dress (wearing a xs/s), Shein Striped Sandals (obsessed with these, size up!) c/o, Brixton Hat (also worn here), Karen Walker Super Duper Sunglasses
- Black One Shoulder Swimsuit: Miraclesuit One Shoulder Swimsuit (I love this suit. I was worried about it fitting weird with the one shoulder but it’s actually very flattering. And trust me, this suit is not falling down. Let’s just say things are very secure. Ha!), Brixton Hat (also worn here), Shein Floral Kimono c/o, Celine Tilda Sunglasses
- Red Swimsuit: BLEU by Rod Beattie One-Piece Swimsuit, Brixton Hat, Shein Striped Sandals (obsessed with these, size up!) c/o
- Striped Shirt: Madewell Striped Shirt (I actually ordered a small and it was SO small. So I sized up to a medium. I almost wish I got a large because I like my tee’s to fit a little bigger), One Teaspoon Shorts (I know, these are crazy short, but I love them for the beach. They look cute over a swimsuit too! Fit: true to size), Hat Attack Bag, Belt is old