The weather is cooling down and what better way to celebrate the new season like a weekend getaway? Whether you’re jet setting up north or taking a road trip outside of town, it’s nice to take some time and enjoy fall.
We just wrapped up a weekend trip to Vermont earlier this month and there’s just something refreshing about the crisp air and crunchy leaves on the ground.
Often, we get questions regarding packing tips, specifically with a minimalist approach. And surprisingly, I am a very light packer. I am the girl that goes to fashion week and only packs a carry on. Austin teases me that I pack more beauty products than actual clothes, but hey – we all have our “necessities” right?
Let us know in the comments something you never leave home without! I learn so much from you guys and want to hear your travel must-haves. xx Ashley
10 Items to Pack for a Fall Getaway:
- Striped Shirt: No matter what, I always pack a striped shirt with me. This one is great for layering or worn alone. (fit: I got my normal size in this and love the relaxed style)
- Long Cardigan: You guys know I love a good cardigan. This one is the perfect length and so elevated. I would wear this with flats or heeled boots.
- Over The Knee Boots: A fall + winter must-have. I have these in black!
- Flat Ankle Boots: These are a new addition and they are actually very comfortable. You can see how I styled them in this post.
- Wool Hat: Say yes to hats! I get so many questions from readers asking if they can “pull off hats” or if you can wear hats out to run errands…I say yes. At the end of the day, it’s what you like and feel comfortable in. Also, it’s the perfect way to hide 2nd (or 3rd) day hair. See how I styled this one here + here! **Packing tip – wear your hat while traveling (take it off in the plane and stow it under your seat) or pack in your suitcase and fill with scarves or socks to help keep the shape.
- Black Denim: You could substitute this for leggings if you are more of a leggings gal, but black pants are a must. Especially if you want to dress up for dinner or wear something other than blue jeans. These are very slimming and flattering!
- Distressed Jeans: I never travel without these! You can see how I’ve styled them from previous posts here + here.
- Long Sleeve Dress: A sweater dress is a nice option to wear with ankle booties or over-the-knee boots. Depending on the weather, you can throw on tights too.
- Blazer: A good blazer is a must. This will look perfect with boyfriend jeans or black denim. More of my favorite blazers here.
- Oversized Sweater: Pair this sweater with a wool hat, boyfriend jeans, and these ankle boots for the ultimate laid-back look.
FAVORITE TRAVEL ACCESSORIES
When we travel, we always bring along these essentials. These may look familiar to you as I’ve talked about them quite a few times before.
- Zipper Pouch: You guys know I love TRUFFLE and do not leave home without my Clarity Clutch when traveling. I have the Clarity Clutch in Small and in Large. The small is TSA approved and is very easy to clean. I have had mine for 4 years and it is still going strong (even after a few shampoo leaks). I just noticed they launched the Jetset Case and might already have that on my Christmas Wish List.
- Packing Cubes: I have Ashley to thank for these. She takes them on every trip and has recently got me hooked on them. They really do make packing a breeze. Since our recent trip was broken up into two places, these made it easy to divide the clothes based on what I wanted to wear in the different cities.
- iPhone Battery Charger: We used this charger when we were in Vermont + London and it did not let us down. I like that we could both be charging at the same time!