Like many of you, I love to have my nails painted. Whether it’s a traditional polish, gel or dip, there’s just something about it that makes me feel like I can take on the day when my nails are done. A question that I get asked quite often is about the colors I get, the shape and nail salons in Dallas.
Below, I made sure to include my top choices for colors and nail salons! I also included a few talking points to tell your nail tech if you like the almond/oval shape.
Hope this helps! xx Ashley
NEUTRAL NAIL POLISHES:
- NAIL POLISH: OPI Tiramisu For Two (I get this one in the gel formula – quite possibly one of my favorite colors. This is in the bottom right photo on the style board), Yves Saint Laurent 22 Beige Leger (so pretty on toes), Chanel 504 Organdi
- CND GEL: Romantique and Cashmere Wrap
- DIP POWDERS: Cosmo CAO15, Chisel Nail Art OM 15B, ANC 81 Heather or Chisel Nail Art 69
WHAT I ASK MY NAIL TECH:
- I always ask for a short length, just long enough to get the shape. I do not get tips.
- Oval shape, tapered at the end. Not quite the almond shape though. More of a hybrid between the two.
- 3 layers of powder – usually these nude colors can get a bit sheer. Three layers of powder will ensure you get the color you want.
- I always ask to see the shape after they do my first nail to make sure we are all on the same page. It helps to have a photo or two of a shape that you want!
If you get this style, please tag me in your photos! I love to repost on my account.
BEST NAIL SALONS IN DALLAS
- Rose Couture Nail Salon: I recently found the new nail salon Rose Couture Nail Salon. It’s clean, relaxing and the perfect spot for your Instagram fix (they have a floral wall with a pink bathtub…it’s a dream). The prices are actually affordable and the service is top notch. I got the Rosé All Day Pedicure on Saturday (minus the Rosé of course) and it was the ultimate pampering treatment. I see Jay or Danielle for my nails and Karen for my pedicure. PS: Karen gives the best neck rubs!
- MiniLuxe: I’ve gone to MiniLuxe several times and it’s ideal if you are looking for vegan or natural nail polish options. MiniLuxe is very clean and gives you a luxe experience. If you are in Dallas, I’ve seen Letty. If you are in Plano or Frisco, I used to go to the Shops at Legacy location and see Thalia or Soy.