I’ve been on such a smoothie kick lately. Not sure if it’s a pregnancy craving or if it’s my body wanting clean foods, but I drink 3 or 4 a week. And now that our kitchen is almost done, I’m jumping on every opportunity to use it.
One smoothie that I am currently loving is my Pink Breakfast Smoothie — which is really just a fancy name for a strawberry banana smoothie. However, I throw a Goji + Coconut + Acai Blender Bomb in mine to give it an extra kick. And they are actually pretty tasty, full of energy-boosting ingredients and make for a nice breakfast drink.
PINK BREAKFAST SMOOTHIE
This strawberry banana smoothie is made from four simple ingredients – strawberries, banana, milk and a Blender Bomb. If you don’t have BBs on hand, I listed out some alternative ingredients you can add. However, I love the convenience of BBs and really do think they add incredible flavor to your smoothie. What is a Blender Bomb? See my review here.
- 2 cups fresh strawberries
- 1 banana, (I usually prefer mine frozen)
- 1 Goji + Coconut + Acai Blender Bomb
- 1 cup Unsweetened Coconut Milk
Add all ingredients to a high powered blender and blend until smooth. I wish I had a Ninja or Vitamix, but honestly, the Bullet works pretty well for now. Maybe one day I’ll upgrade.
- If you don’t have Blender Bombs but still want to get the nutrients and benefits, try adding a teaspoon of flax seeds and/or scoop of almonds. If you have chia seeds, that could also be good to throw in.
- If you want yours a little sweeter, try adding 2 drops of Sweet Drops.
- I also recommend these glass straws instead of plastic straws.
- These glass tumblers are also great if you are on the go.
Did you make this smoothie recipe? I’d love to see it! xx Ashley