Patio weather is almost officially here and like many of you, I am welcoming it with open arms. And though I am eager for spring temps to officially make their way to Dallas (hello maxi dresses and skirts), it’s been a minute since my legs have seen the sun.
But now, a beautiful, sun-kissed glow doesn’t require hours basking in the sun. Self-tanner has come such a long way and no longer do we have to fear telltale streaks, unpleasant aromas or an Oompa-Loompa orange hue.
I’ve tried several brands over the years and the one I continue to buy is Tan-Luxe. This may not come as a surprise to you since I’ve talked about them on here and on my Instagram-Stories quite a bit. I love Tan-Luxe products because they have pretty much assembled a fool-proof product to ensure your faux glow always looks natural.
Today, they are launching a brand new face serum, Super Serum Radiance Boosting Self-Tan Drops. I have been secretly testing this product for the past couple of months and like their other products, I am just as impressed. This face serum is to be used during the day, on clean dry skin and before any moisturizer or makeup. It’s packed full of anti-aging properties and includes Hyaluronic Acid to give skin a boost of moisture and radiance. I’m going to be sharing a video on my Instagram-Stories today so be sure to tune in if you want to see how I use it.
Tan-Luxe is also running a deal (today only!) where you can get The Body (I’m on bottle 3, here’s a review I did last year) and the brand new Super Serum for $39 + Free Shipping. The Body is usually $59 alone, so this is a pretty great deal if you are a fan of Tan-Luxe.
HOW I USE THE SUPER SERUM FACE DROPS
- Start with clean, dry skin. Apply 3 or 4 drops to your face in circular motions. This is the first product you put on your skin.
- Make sure to get your hairline, take it down your jawline and around your nose. (The color is very gradual, so don’t worry, you won’t have a super tan face by the end of the day)
- Wait a minute before applying your moisturizer or foundation.
- Proceed with your routine as usual. Tan will develop in 2-3 hours.
HOW I USE TAN-LUXE BODY DROPS
- Exfoliate your skin with a body scrub or dry brush. Your elbows, knees, and ankles tend to get darker if you don’t exfoliate enough, so make sure to concentrate on those areas so your tan is even.
- Get your favorite body lotion and add 2-4 drops of The Body in with your lotion. The more drops, the darker the tan. I recommend starting with 2 at first just to see how it looks. Be sure to wash your hands when you are finished with hot water and soap.
- Wait 2 or 3 hours to notice your tan starting to develop.
- During the summer, I will alternate days of these drops and The Gradual lotion.
What I love about Tan-Luxe, is the tan won’t transfer on your clothes. I apply, wait a few minutes, then get dressed.
Dress (also on Rent The Runway) | AR Zipper Pouch | Straw Hat | Amazon Pearl Clips | Coin Necklace | Thin Gold Thumb Ring | Beaded Bracelet | Gold Signet Ring | Black Dome Makeup Bag (in today’s stories)
Images by Mary Hafner