Happy New Year! The arrival of the New Year always generates a “fresh start” feeling that motivates me to make virtuous goals and resolutions. While some of my resolutions may change from year to year, the reason I make these commitments is always the same. I am pretty much convinced that if I can achieve them, I’ll feel that much more satisfied. The trouble is, I always proceed to set unrealistic resolutions that I ultimately fail. This year, mine are simple and easy. Bring it on 2014!
1. Find that work to life balance- This will be a tough one for me! My biggest weakness is time management and organization. I am determined to figure this out in 2014. Any advice is welcome!
2. Pray more- Austin and I have a goal to pray together everyday. This is something we do and value in our relationship, but it’s not as often as we’d like. Over the holidays, his Grandmother told us the key to a successful marriage is to pray with your husband everyday. Considering she’s had 50+ years of happiness, I’ll take her up one that.
3. Start the home buying process- ahh, scary!
4. Travel- one of my favorite things to do. I love seeing new places and meeting new people. I look forward to the travels of 2014!
5. Create healthy habits- I never get enough sleep, I hardly exercise and I love candy. That’s a bad combination right there…. tackling this one asap!
I hope you all have a blessed 2014 and good luck on achieving all of your goals! XX