I am currently heading off to New York Fashion Week. And to help me gear up for a busy week ahead, I’m packing 10 of my go-to products to help me look alert, awake and glowing. These trusted products are the ones that make me look like I’ve had 8 hours of sleep (even when I haven’t), give me radiant skin and help my makeup stay put all day. Sounds too good to be true? Well, the proof is in the pudding.
Knowing that the next week is going to be a whirlwind of running back and forth between shows and meetings, it’s nice to have a small collection of my go-to must haves to get me through NYFW.
What are the products you don’t travel without? xx Ashley
10 Products in my NYFW Beauty Bag
1. SHEET MASKS: ESTEE LAUDER ADVANCED NIGHT REPAIR CONCENTRATED RECOVERY POWERFOIL MASK, GRACE & STELLA ANTI WRINKLE + ENERGIZING EYE MASKS, JOANNA VARGAS DAWN FACE MASK – I love a good sheet mask. You’ve heard me talk about them several times on here, and I always like to have a few on hand when traveling. They are great for hydrating and leave your skin feeling soft and glowing. I personally like to use them at night, and massage the leftover serum from the packet into my skin. I will be using this mask tomorrow night!
2. OUAI DRY SHAMPOO FOAM – I love the OUAI Dry Shampoo Spray, but when I saw the foam version I was intrigued. So, this takes a minute to get used to, but it really does work. I actually like it better than the spray, however, it does not give me that grit or texture like other dry shampoo. This leaves my hair feeling squeaky clean and refreshed. This is a must on any trip.
3. VOLITION OIL-CONTROL MATTIFYING MIST – I’ve always use a setting mist. I find that it “melts” your makeup and really helps things blend together for a smooth finish. The Oil- Control Mattifying Mist is hydrating, yet keeps your skin from becoming too shiny. I love this! It doesn’t claim to help your makeup last longer, but I’ve found that it does.
4. GLOSSIER BALM DOTCOM – My nails and cuticles always get dry during the winter but especially on flights. I use Balm Dotcom (original) on my hands, nails, and lips to keep them soft and moisturized.
5. JO MALONE LIME BASIL & MANDARIN COLOGNE – I picked up this mini at the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale and it’s perfect for travel. I always take mini bottles of perfume or samples with me when traveling. It gives me extra room in my beauty bag for other essentials!
6. TRU MELANGA ESSENTIAL OIL (PEPPERMINT) – I don’t leave the house without peppermint oil. I have several different brands, this just happens to be the one I threw in my bag. Peppermint oil is great for congestion, headaches and sinus pressure. It even helps with nausea. I also like to mix this with lotion and rub on my feet after a long day at NYFW.
7. KERASTASE ELIXIR ULTIME VERSATILE BEAUTIFYING OIL – This hair oil is perfect for wet or dry hair. I have to use some type of oil on my hair or the ends get very dry. This oil helps with static, dry ends and has a subtle scent that makes my hair smell fresh.
8. DIOR DIOR ADDICT LIP MAXIMIZER (OO1 PINK) – I got a free sample of this in the mail with my order at Sephora and feel in love with it. After I used it, I immediately purchased a full size tube. No, my lips do not look massive, but it does give them a little boost. Typically, I don’t love gloss on my lips, but this is very hydrating and makes my lipstick look great.
9. CHARLOTTE TILBURY HOLLYWOOD LIPS (PIN UP PINK) – Long time Charlotte Tilbury fan here, and it’s no surprise I fell in love with the Hollywood Lips collection. I actually went up to the makeup counter with the intention to just test it out, and ended up purchasing three. I like that it goes on matte, but does not make your lips crack or look dry. It’s very thin, almost like you have nothing on. This was a big win for me. Might have to go back and get the red for the holidays!
10. JADE ROLLER – We’ve been seeing this beauty secret pop up a lot lately, and I decided to put it to the test. A jade roller is a great way to drain fluid, increase circulation and massage your serum or moisturizer into your skin. The stone is also cool to the touch, so it helps de-puff around the eye area. I use this in the morning with my serum. Be sure to roll up and out. After applying my serum, I then follow with a moisturizer. You can clean this tool by simply wiping clean with a damp cloth.