Friday is almost here! During the weekends, Austin and I often like to head downtown to Dallas and discover new restaurants, stores and coffee shops. It’s one of our favorite things to do together and gives us a nice change of scenery from the work week. Today, we are teaming up with Nordstrom to give you a look at our downtown adventures to our favorite spots in Dallas and highlighting our favorite casual pieces.
Austin and I both like to dress pretty casual. We live in denim, joggers, and cozy knits pretty much any chance we get. And with Nordstrom’s extensive collection of menswear, it makes it easy for Austin to find the perfect button down shirt or boots for fall. Austin really loves the shirts from the Nordstrom Men’s Shop. They are affordable shirts but don’t sacrifice on quality or style. Nordstrom also has a variety of shirt fits. Austin, aka The Husband Diva, is sometimes picky about how his shirts fit. For casual looks, he likes to wear them untucked. However, it’s hard to sometimes nail down the right length with a button down. They are either too long or too short. But Nordstrom Men’s Shop shirts always seem to fit just right. To keep the casual look, Austin paired the shirt with the Mapleton Slim Fit Jeans and Eastland Toe Boots.
Since we are usually casually dressed, we like to visit places in Dallas that reflect our usual style. We’ve compiled a list of our favorite spots that we love to visit during the weekend. This list is what we recommend to visitors looking for fun, local spots. If you’re ever in town, give us a shoutout if you visit these spots.
Hope you enjoy! xx Ashley + Austin
OUR 5 FAVORITE SPOTS IN DOWNTOWN DALLAS
- The Joule: This is our favorite hotel in Dallas! You can read more from our past visits here + here. If you have time, I would highly suggest checking out the spa. It’s incredible!
- Meso Maya: One of our favorite spots to eat Mexican food in Dallas.
- Weekend Coffee: You have to stop here for Iced Coffee. I add a little vanilla and almond milk! See more of our favorite coffee spots here.
- Americano: A must for brunch!
- The Dallas Farmers Market: A fun experience for the whole family.