I love a good product review. And after reading the many comments from our recent survey (there’s still time to fill it out and be entered to win a YSL Wallet!) it’s clear you guys do too. Although it doesn’t feel like winter in Texas (heck, it doesn’t even feel like fall some days), now is the time to start prepping your skin and hair for the change in weather.
I’ve rounded up my 5 go-to products for the cold winter months. These are products I have been using for months (some over a year) and plan to re-purchase when I finish. Have you tried any of these? Let me know your go-to product for winter in the comments below!
PS: Austin and I have truly enjoyed reading each and every survey submission (yes, even the ones that weren’t sugar coated). Sunday afternoon we counted over 1500 entries and were shocked to see that so many of you took the time to take our survey. We spent the day going through each answer and taking note of all feedback. It really means a lot that you guys would take the time to thoughtfully answer these questions and provide such honest feedback. If you want to participate in our 6 question survey, there’s still time. You can fill it out here.
We’ve never done a survey before, and honestly, that was a poor move on our behalf. Posting without regards to the interest of our audience was a fault of ours. It has been really motivating and encouraging to read through your comments and questions. We are already thinking of a way to share with you a summary of the results and answer many of the questions asked.
We can’t thank you enough for your feedback as we strive to make The Teacher Diva a place you enjoy and find inspiration. And yes, I will post more of Lucy and Austin and talk on Instagram Stories. 😉 Thanks, guys! xx AR
5 WINTER APPROVED BEAUTY PRODUCTS
1. ORIBE GOLD LUST OIL You all know I am a fan of all things Oribe. The Gold Lust Oil is not a new product for me – I’ve been using this oil for over a year and can honestly say it has made a difference in my hair. Though it is pricey, you only need to use a very small amount from the ears down or just focused on your ends (the size of a pea or dime). My hair gets so dry during the winter.
The oil can be used on wet hair before blow drying or on dry hair. It leaves my hair smelling so good! I also like the OUAI Hair Oil if you are looking to try something new. This is lightweight and could be a nice option if you have fine or thin hair. A little goes a long way!
2. OUAI FINISHING CREAM This is a newer product for me, but I am pleased with the results. I have been using this for the past couple of months and really like that it smooths my ends and leaves a subtle sheen. I was a bit nervous putting it on for the first time because it really does come out like a lotion. However, it does not leave your hair feeling sticky or heavy. This would be great for those who get static or struggle with split ends. A little goes a long way with this product as well.
3. RODIN FACE OIL The most obvious skin concern during the winter is dryness. Our skin also tends to get dull and lackluster during these cooler months. Face oils not only provide moisture, but also brighten your complexion.
It’s always about prevention for me, and during the winter, I like to add this into my nightly skincare routine. The Rodin Face Oil leaves my complexion dewy and radiant. Highly recommend!
4. JO MALONE COLOGNE COLLECTION I love a warm and spicy fragrance for winter. I recently purchased this collection and love these travel sized fragrances. Jo Malone is a brand I have loved and used for years. The English Oak and Redcurrent is a great option for the winter.
5. JOANNA VARGAS DAWN FACE MASK You have seen me post about Joanna Vargas Skincare several times on here and I absolutely love the Dawn Face Mask. I brought a set of these with me last week when I was Charleston with my mom and SIL. They all agreed that their face felt more hydrated and had a “glow” the next morning. Have you tired sheet masks yet? I think I’m starting to like them more than a traditional cream face mask.