You guys know I have a major sweet tooth. And with Easter just around the corner, I could not pass up making these super easy (and yummy) Rice Krispie Nests. I’ve made these with Austin’s family over the past few years and they are one of our favorite little traditions.
If you’re wanting something fun to do with your little ones, this is a great option. When I was teaching kindergarten (my very first year of teaching was in KG before I moved to 1st grade. I loved Kinder!) we made these and used it as an opportunity for the kiddos to practice counting, simple addition or subtraction, colors etc. The options are endless for you to make a learning experience out of it!
And if you’re in it just for the Cadbury Mini Eggs, then enjoy my friend! We don’t have littles in our family yet and still love making these as grown adults. They are quite festive don’t you think?
What are your favorite Easter desserts? xx Ashley
RICE KRISPIE NESTS
- 4 cups mini marshmallows
- 5 cups rice cereal
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Mini Eggs
- Butter or grease a 12-cup muffin tray and set aside
- Place the marshmallows in a large microwave-safe bowl and heat for 25-30 seconds. Stir well, and repeat heating as needed
- Add the melted butter and vanilla extract to the marshmallows and stir well
- Add the cereal a cup at a time, gently folding it into the marshmallow mixture. You will do this until all of the cereal is covered with marshmallow
- Scoop heaping portions of the rice krispie treats into the prepared muffin tray
- Use plastic wrap or wet your hands and press the rice krispies into the cup making a “nest”
- Place in the fridge for an hour or two (I know, waiting is the hardest part!)
- When the nests have had a chance to harden, pop them out of the muffin tray using a butter knife and fill with Cadbury Mini Eggs
Halogen Long Linen Blend Cardigan in ‘Tan Cobblestone’ | Similar white cami here and here | 7 For All Mankind White ‘Josefina’ Squiggle Skinny Boyfriend Jeans (On sale! Fit: These run big, I would size down.) Coin Necklace Set| c/o Deborah Brewer Jewelry
IMAGES BY MARY SUMMERS