My Medium Chanel 19 has quickly become one of my favorite handbags. I get a handful of questions about this handbag and wanted to put together a detailed review on my honest thoughts on this bag. Below, I’ve put together a full list of the standard details on this bag, but also share my pros and cons.
I bought mine at the Chanel store in Las Vegas in 2019. I have worn it several times since and happy to report it is still one of my favorite bags.
What do you think of the Chanel 19?
- Medium (when I purchased in 2019, I was told mine was the small — they had mini, small and large. However, they have updated the sizing and mine is now considered the medium)
- Shoulder Strap Drop: 19″
- Handle Drop: 3″
- Height: 6″
- Width: 10″
- Depth: 3″
- Ecru (My tag said Ecru but I’ve compared to Light Beige in store and it’s almost identical)
- 100% Goatskin
This is probably the most “risky” purchase I’ve ever made when it comes to bags, yet it has been my favorite bag I own. This is truly a year-round bag and can be worn with anything. I wear with black leggings, oversized sweatshirt and sneakers and it makes you feel like you actually put in effort to get ready…yet you’re really just wearing sweats.
- Durable. Goatskin is one of their most luxe leathers and has held up beautifully. I wear this A LOT and it shows very little wear.
- Wipes clean with a dry washcloth (I spilled coffee on this and was sure I ruined it, but nope. It literally wiped clean off.)
- Interior zip pocked to fit iPhone or cardholder
- Exterior Zip Pocket to fit iPhone or keys
- Chain can be worn as crossbody, long shoulder strap (it doesn’t adjust or come off) or tucked in to wear around your wrist.
Like I said, this was a risky purchase. The cream, goatskin leather makes this a “sensitive” bag and you want to give it a little extra TLC compared to a black leather.
- No bottom hardware
- Risk of denim transfer. This is my number one asked question and *literally knocking on wood* I have had zero issues with this. I also follow the denim test: get a damp white washcloth and rub the denim. If it’s clean, you are probably safe. If there’s any blue on the washcloth, I wouldn’t wear those jeans with it.
- The interior fabric doesn’t look forgiving if a pen or lipstick were to open. Whereas the Prada nylon fabric literally wipes clean. I would 100% use a little makeup pouch to keep all pens and lipsticks safely enclosed.
DO I RECOMMEND?
100% yes. This bag is my favorite and most-worn bag in my closet. I’m so happy with my purchase.
I have said it before, but I almost always buy my designer bags gently used. This was a rare exception. If you are curious about the places I shop for handbags, be sure to check out this post and this post.
If you are looking for a Chanel Medium 19, I rounded up a few places that currently have them available. But as you know, these go quick. Let me know if you get one!
SHOP THE CHANEL MEDIUM 19