When I think of summer fashion, dresses and skirts often come to mind. But lately, I’ve been leaning into the effortless look of trousers and other non-denim pants. With the right styling and fabric choices, they can effortlessly elevate your summer wardrobe.
I typically look for lightweight and breathable fabrics like linen or cotton since they feel more relaxed. I usually pair it with some type of fitted tank or white button down. Depending on what I’m doing, I’ll usually throw on a minimal style sandal or heel.
Here’s a few non-denim styles I have on my radar if you want to create a similar look:
- This is the style I am wearing here. And for H&M, they haven’t let me down. I am considering grabbing them in a few more colors.
- I wore this linen style pant here and they are as comfortable as they are practical.
- This white linen pair is actually men’s, but after seeing several TikTok’s styling them, I bought a medium and loved how they looked with a black or white tank. They are somewhat see through, but pocket placement is key.
- These wide-leg trousers are a year-round staple that I have worn here and here. They are a bit more “dressy” than some of these other styles that I’m recommending, but 10/10 for quality. I wear a medium.
- If you love this style, you should also check out the skirt version.
- You need to get the matching top because this makes such a cool set (worn here). And it’s under $50.
Tank (I wear a med) | Pants (I wear a medium) | Sandals (go up a 1/2 size) | Sunglasses | Bag | Earrings (these are a bit heavier than I prefer TBH, but for shorter periods of time, it’s fine).
Thanks for a marvelous posting! I really enjoyed reading it, you might be a great author.